Now a Day’s People all over the world use Netgear routers. They are thought to be some of the best WiFi devices. They have the best features in their class. When you have an Orbi WiFi system at home, you can connect to the internet anywhere on your Devices. To get WiFi signals everywhere in your home, even in the living room and kitchen. There will be times when your Orbi router doesn’t work the way it should be. There may be times when the connection drops in and out. You may find that your Orbi router is not working or connecting at all. When this happens, you have to reset your Orbi router and don’t know How to reset Orbi.
You should know that resetting Orbi will wipe out all of its settings. Resetting your Netgear Orbi WiFi will help you get to the default Settings. This post will show you how to reset Orbi to the factory settings. Let’s get started.
Why Does My Orbi Router Need To Be Reset
Due to a power outage or other problem, Netgear’s Orbi routers sometimes start to revert to factory settings or delete personalized settings. This can change network settings and recovery options and cause problems with WiFi connectivity problem.
You might also find that the router forgets security keys and passwords, so you must keep logging information saved. Dealing with these problems can be frustrating, and you may look for a good solution. So, let’s get started.
Before You Reset Your Netgear Orbi WiFi System
Before you reset your Netgear Orbi device, you need to know that it will delete all the saved settings that you selected during the router setup process. These settings include the name of the WiFi network, the WiFi password, the admin login information, and the security settings.
Also, a factory reset on your Orbi router will disconnect it from the satellite. After the orbi wifi reset, re-sync the Orbi router with the Orbi satellite and connect them. Also, you need to change the settings on your Orbi.
How to Factory Reset Netgear Orbi
Some easy ways to reset the Orbi router and there are some hard ways. Our step-by-step instructions will help you get through the process and fix the problem as quickly as possible.
Here are the four ways to reset the Orbi router so you don’t have to waste more time.
Switching on and off the router
In the first method, you will try something different and reset the router by cycling the power. Power cycling can fix any bugs that might be causing connection problems, but it won’t delete passwords and safety keys or change the Orbi Router’s network settings.
- First, press the Power button on the Orbi router to turn off the router.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the router or the main wall.
- Wait 30–45 seconds, then connect the power cord to the Orbi router.
- Last, turn on the router and see if this solves the problem.
Follow the steps below to do a hard reset on your Orbi router:
- First of all, plug your Netgear Orbi device into a power outlet. This will turn it on.
- Now, find the button that says “Reset” on your device.
- Once you’ve found it, you can press and hold the Reset button with a pin or paper clip for 30-40 seconds and release.
- Wait until the Netgear Orbi device automatically restarts.
Done! You have reset your Netgear Orbi WiFi system. Now, try to get to the orbilogin.com website. If it works, that means that the Orbi device was reset correctly.
You can also use the web interface to reset your Netgear Orbi WiFi system. This is called a “soft reset.” Here’s how to use the default web configuration panel to reset your Orbi to factory settings:
- Make sure the Orbi device is turned on correctly.
- Make sure the Orbi satellite is linked to the Orbi router.
- Now, start up a web browser of your choice.
- Type orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com into the URL bar in the top left corner.
- If you press the Enter key, you’ll go to the Orbi login page.
- Fill in your user ID and password, then click the login button.
- Find the Factory Reset option once you are logged in.
- Click on it, and then let the Orbi device reset.
Voila! This is how you can get your Netgear Orbi device back to its factory settings.
Using Web-Browser Configuration
- Open a web browser on your PC, like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 used by default browser in the URL Bar.
- Type in your standard login information to get to the dashboard.
- Click the “Advanced” tab and go to the “Backup Settings” section on the left.
- To let the router reset its settings, click the Erase button and then click Yes.
After you reset your Orbi device, set it up again
Once you’re done with the resetting orbi wifi process, follow the steps below to set up your Netgear Orbi again:
- Connect your Orbi to a wall outlet that works and turn it on.
- You should also turn on your Orbi satellite.
- Connect the satellite to the Orbi router.
- Now, open up any web browser you want.
- Use orbilogin.com to get to the Netgear Orbi login page.
- Next, type in the username and password for the admin to move on.
- Hit Log In.
- As soon as you’re logged in, set up your Orbi device’s settings to meet your WiFi needs.
There you have it! You have not only reset your Netgear Orbi, but you have also set it up correctly or are still facing Problems with your orbi.You should probably call Netgear’s customer service if none of these ways works to reset the router. Get Technical assistance from our experts and Find your software/Hardware Replacement warranty with tech support.
In all seriousness, you can check out some other solutions on message boards that may have the answer to your specific question. So don’t confuse or take Technical hustle and if you still face the same issue again, then simply get in touch with us. We will Try our level best to resolve your issues.