Your Netgear Orbi Pro Router is the center of your Wi-Fi network. Without it, you wouldn’t be able to browse your Youtube or Facebook feeds. But that Wi-Fi network doesn’t just appear; you must set up your router first.
Making sure you can connect to the internet is the first step in setting up your Orbi Pro Router. If you have ever used a router, you have an ISP gateway, which stands for Internet Service Provider. If you don’t, you should call your preferred ISP and ask them to set up an internet connection in your home. If you already have a gateway, use an ethernet cable to connect your laptop or computer to the gateway. You’re all set if that device can now connect to the internet.
Now is the time to take your new router out of its box. Take the unit and its accessories out of the box. Make sure to keep all data safe, as it will have instructions on how to Netgear orbi pro setup and its IP address and login information. Some routers have antennas that need to be hooked up to the unit. If that’s the case, do it right away. You can put the router anywhere, but it’s best to put it in the middle of your home or close to a room where Wi-Fi will be used. You should also try to set your router high up to ensure the network is spread out evenly. Also, remember that your Netgear router needs to be plugged into power and the gateway we discussed above. Look out for things that could block the signal, like concrete walls.
After putting together and setting up your Orbi Pro Router, plug it into the wall and turn it on. When you turn on the router, a light will show you that you’re ready to go. The process of turning on the power can take a few minutes.
Lastly, use an ethernet cable to connect the WAN port on your router to the Internet gateway. Your internet connection will be up and running when a new light turns on.
How to Access and Set up the Orbi Pro Router
- Bring out your laptop or computer and use an ethernet cable to connect it to the router. Some routers offer a simple but instant Wi-Fi network, which you can connect to with your phone or tablet if this is the case.
- Now that you have a connection, open your web browser of choice.
- In the search bar of your browser, type the IP address of your Orbi Pro Router. You can usually find the IP address on the bottom of your router or in the paperwork you put away before.
- If you look for the IP address, you’ll end up on the page where you can log in to your router’s interface. Here is where you will need to enter the default login information, which you can find on the bottom of the router or in the user guide for your Orbi Pro Router.
Protect Your Router
The login information for the Netgear Orbi Pro Setup Router is the same as for any other Netgear Orbi Pro Router, so anyone connected to your router can make changes. Because of this, you should first change the router interface’s username and password. The tab “administration” or something similar has the field to modify these orbilogin credentials. Make sure you use a strong password that you won’t forget.
Protect Your Wi-Fi Connection
While protecting your router, you should also protect the Wi-Fi network it gives you. On the router’s admin page, look for a section called “Wireless security” or something similar. Here, you can choose a security method like WPA2, WPA, or WEP. You should try to choose WPA2, even though not all devices are compatible with it. Some routers have more than one Wi-Fi network, which can help with compatibility issues or let a single network work with more than one security scheme. Choose one and type in the password you want. When you click “Save,” you’ll get a new, more secure password for your Wi-Fi signal.
The Name of Your Wi-Fi Network Can Be Changed
Even though it’s not required, you could change the Wi-Fi network’s SSID (Service Set Identifier) while you’re still on the admin page of your Orbi Pro Router. Find the SSID label in the menu and change it to whatever you want. Doing so will assist you make your network stand out from others nearby.
Change Your Wireless Channel
Again, you don’t have to change the wireless channel on an Orbi Pro Router. But doing so can make it easier to browse the internet on older routers that mostly use the 2.4 GHz band to send out Wi-Fi. If all the networks in the area use the same channel, your internet will be very slow. Look for the wireless network settings and change the 2.4GHz band to channels 1, 6, or 11. These channels don’t overlap like channels 1 and 2, for example. Most networks that use the 5GHz band won’t need to change channels.
How to Find Your Netgear Orbi Pro Router’s IP Address
- Open the menu that shows your available networks while your computer or laptop is on and connected to the router but not in the router’s interface. The menu for Windows is in the screen’s bottom right corner. The menu is in the system preferences menu on a Mac.
- Choose the network you are connected to on both operating systems.
- For Mac, next to the word “Router” will be the router’s IP address. Scroll down the page for Windows and look for the IPv4 Default Gateway. Here, you’ll find the IP address of your Netgear Orbi Pro Router.
The Netgear orbi pro login app makes setting up and managing your WiFi router easy. Connect your phone or tablet to the Orbi Pro’s WiFi signal, and the application will show you what to do next. Once you’re set-up, you can control your connected devices, check your Internet speed quickly, stop the Internet, and do much more.